Cairns (pronounced Cans) is a vibrant city of 160,000 people situated on the Tropical North Queensland (TNQ) coast of Eastern Australia, where the rainforest meets the reef. It is your international gateway to the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef, offering an underwater treasure trove of dazzling coral and sealife, and the superb tropical Daintree rainforest. Unique, in the fact, that it is the only place on earth where two world heritage areas meet.
The region is characterised by pristine rainforest islands, sandy atolls, unforgettable coral and fabulous cruising grounds with great fishing and diving opportunities.
Cairns, the gateway to Tropical North Queensland, offers a lively contrast of restaurants, theatres, galleries, nightclubs and the glass-domed Reef Hotel Casino shopping, entertainment and sporting events.
Port Douglas, overlooking the Coral Sea and sharing the same tropical latitude as Tahiti, is renowned for its international visitors, while Cairns Highlands attracts nature lovers with bushwalking, bird watching, horse riding and scenic drives and barramundi fishing at Lake Tinaroo.
Cape York Peninsula with prolific wildlife living in rugged mountains, woodlands, grasslands, swamps and mighty rivers, has the best reef fishing in Australia with Black Marlin and Sailfish as well as reef species of Coral Trout, Red Emperor & Trevally.
The Daintree area is the only place in the world where two world heritage listed areas meet – the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest. Welcome to lush tropical rainforests, sparkling rivers, secluded white beaches and the infamous estuarine crocodiles. Mission Beach is a natural adventure playground offering whitewater rafting, tandem parachuting, jet-skiing, bushwalking and sea kayaking.
The Great Barrier Reef, more than 2,000 kilometres long, are tranquil havens surrounded by pristine white sands made of corals that were once part of the reef, and include Orpheus, Hinchinbrook, Lizard, Dunk, Bedarra, Green, Fitzroy and the Franklands.
Cairns, Australia’s premier Superyacht destination offers:
- Marine Trades and Facilities: Qualified, Experienced in all areas of Superyacht refit and maintenance work and LLoyds accredited.
- A world class customised Super Yacht Marina.
- Warm and balmy weather. Temperatures ranging from 26 degrees in winter to 31 degrees in summer.
- Excellent local attractions, fare and facilities making it a favourite R & R destination for all crew.
- An excellent hub to base yourself to cruise Indonesia, Micronesia and the South Pacific region.
- A brand new international Marine Training College and crew training companies.
- An International and Domestic airport 10 minutes from Cairns Marlin Marina.
For further information about Queensland Tourism click here.
Click here to see more information regarding crusing capabilities to the region.
For further information about the Tropical North Queensland Superyacht Facilities click here to see the Queensland Superyacht portal.
Click here for information about Australian Destinations.