$150 million superyachts + industry and business push for more superyachts in Australia
GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA: The first ever Australian Superyacht Rendezvous being staged on the Gold Coast today (19 May) is set to showcase the economic and tourism potential of the superyacht industry and the appeal of Australia and the broader Asia Pacific as the ultimate superyacht cruising destination.
Venue, Gold Coast City Marina & Shipyard will host more than $AUS150 million of superyachts including Atlantic Princess, Auspro, Aventi, Crystal Blue, Emerald Lady, Encore, Euphoria, Laura J, Hunter, Patriot 1, Mary Rose, Mermaid Spirit, Relentless, Sahana and Samara.
Currently, according to Superyacht Australia, due to government taxation and customs restrictions, only 65 internationally flagged superyachts visit Australian waters each year representing just 1.5 percent of the global superyacht market meaning Australia is missing out on a substantial proportion of this luxury tourism market.
WHO: Leading Australian and international superyacht skippers and owners, brokers and industry heavyweights rubbing shoulders and yacht hopping with tourism and events professionals, policy makers, Queensland business identities and media including:
- Patrick Gay AM, Founder of Gold Coast City Marina
- Trenton Gay, CEO of Gold Coast City Marina and organiser of Australian Superyacht Rendezvous
- The Honourable Stuart Robert MP, Federal Member for Fadden
- Michael Crandon MP (Member for Coomera)
- Cr William Owen Jones (Division 2)
- Maryanne Edwards, Chief Executive of Superyacht Australia
- Carl and Grant Amor, CEO/brother duo, Aqualuma – Queensland based market leading LED lighting company (founding sponsor the event)
- Jason Roberts and Kane Bygraves, directors of Aurora Yacht Logistics, Australia’s largest yacht logistics company
- Nikko Karki (Indonesia), Director, Indo Yachts
WHERE: Waterfront Marquee, New Superyacht Basin, Gold Coast City Marina & Shipyard, 76-84 Waterway Drive, Coomera (the Southern Hemisphere’s largest marine facility)
WHAT / WHEN: Friday, 19 May:
1pm-4.30pm YACHT HOP – around 100 tourism and events industry people viewing yachts and listening to potential of superyachts as special occasion or holiday venues
5pm-10pm VIP COCKTAIL PARTY – around 200 VIP guests in cocktail attire, fireworks, flaming cheese wheel, live entertainment (DJ).
VISUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEDIA:
- 15 of the most luxurious superyachts currently for charter or sale in Australia
- Political / business identities
- Glamorous cocktail attire guests (from 5pm)
Further information about the Australian Superyacht Rendezvous is available by visiting www.australiansuperyachtrendezvous.com