Peak Industry Body
The Australian International Marine Export Group is recognised by the Australian Federal Government as the Peak National Body representing the Australian marine export, superyacht and commercial marine industries. The objective of AIMEX is to develop and promote Australia’s international competitiveness in the marine sector.
To develop and unify the superyacht industry in the Asia Pacific. To promote this superyacht industry throughout the world, which through the dedicated efforts of Superyacht Australia will result in consistent and significant benefits to its members, associated industries and ultimately all Australians and neighbouring countries.
Superyacht Australia is dedicated to the promotion of Australia as a preferred destination for superyachts from throughout the world. In doing so, Superyacht Australia promotes Australian infrastructure, services and facilities and manufacturers of yachts, ensuring consistent growth and development of all facets of the Australian superyacht industry.
Since its inception, Superyacht Australia has been confronted with various impediments to the growth of the industry and has addressed these issues with a view to achieving positive outcomes for the industry as a whole. They include:
- Successfully negotiated the implementation and passage of the Special Reactional Vessel Act 2019, which allows foreign superyachts to conduct charter operations in Australia.
- Regularly undertaking an independent, comprehensive research study of the global and domestic superyacht industry to measure the jobs and economic contribution the industry provides Australians.
- Successfully negotiated exemptions for vessels and crew during Covid-19 that allowed the industry to continue to operate and prosper.
- Negotiated the opening of the Whitsunday Plan of Management to allow superyacht access on the Great Barrier Reef.
- A dedicated superyacht Crew Visa to assist crew on foreign vessels to work on vessels conducting charter operations in Australian waters.
Marketing & Promotions
Superyacht Australia leads a collective Asia Pacific/South Pacific marketing campaign in the two main source markets of North America and Europe. The aim is to first bring these vessels into Asia Pacific where Australia then competes for visitation directly.
- The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show and Monaco Yacht Show are recognised by the industry as the two major superyacht shows. Superyacht Australia each year presents a significant South Pacific stand at both shows.
- Other overseas marketing promotions include Dubai, Singapore, METSTRADE Amsterdam and Rendezvouses in Thailand, Tahiti and Fiji.
- Superyacht Australia successfully negotiated the scheduling of the Dockwise Yacht Transporter to visit Australia.
- Superyacht Australia produces an Australian Superyacht Magazine and Directory on an annual basis which is distributed with a package of regional guides for itinerary planning at international boat shows.
- Superyacht Australia website www.superyacht-australia.com continues to act as the go-to source for information on the superyacht industry in Australia and how we are attracting vessels in the global superyacht fleet to Australian shores and into the South Pacific.
- Superyacht Australia sponsored the production of The Great Southern Route (GSR), an almanac of ports, services & facilities and information for luxury yachts travelling from the Suez and Panama canals on a journey to Australia. The Great Southern Route is distributed to yachts throughout the world.