In times of crises, the superyacht … read more.
The distinctive black-hulled Sunseeker 100 Predator … read more.
Superyacht Australia endeavours to provide an information base to make your job, as a Captain, easier. Superyacht Australia maintains a service directory to assist you in any needs you have. The details are categorised by the products and services available. For visiting vessels to Australia, the Superyacht Australia website overflows with destination guides; regulatory information including pilotage, permits and visa rules; sample itineraries and information regarding key events your owners may wish to include in any cruising itinerary. Superyacht Australia strives to be a “one-stop-shop” for Superyacht Captains, Crew and Owners.
Superyacht Australia is managed by an Executive of experienced industry people including those who work within the industry on a day to day basis and who understand the issues and supreme customer service levels expected by this prestige industry. These fundamental values and customer service standards are encouraged from all members of the group so that your experience in Australia is second to none.
Australia has it all; iconic destination, safe cruising grounds, high quality services and skilled refit and repair specialists, excellent infrastructure and the friendliest welcome you can imagine. Stay as long as you like and please let us be at your service.
It is fair to say that Australia, as a superyacht destination, is now well and truly on the radar. A voyage down under provides cruising destinations and adventures unlike anywhere in the world. In fact, you can cruise Australia for twelve months of the year and enjoy varying experiences that relate to ideal visitation times and climate.
Established in 1999, Superyacht Australia (formally known as Superyacht Base Limited) was formed to develop a superyacht industry for Australia and to establish Australia as a preferred destination for the world’s fleet of luxury yachts.
In January 2012, SYBA (Superyacht Australia), the peak body for the Australian Superyacht sector, merged with the Australian International Marine Export group, the peak body for the marine export sector. AIMEX set up a Superyacht division and has appointed a committee of Superyacht industry representatives to drive the issues affecting this sector.
Since being managed by AIMEX, Superyacht Australia has enjoyed an excellent profile and promotion internationally, has made some inroads into key lobbying issues and has developed a new website which is now gaining momentum as the portal for the Australian Superyacht sector.
Peak Industry Body
The Australian International Marine Export Group is recognised by the Australian Federal Government as the Peak National Body representing the Australian marine export and superyacht industries. The objective of AIMEX is to develop and promote Australia’s international competitiveness in the marine sector.
To develop and unify the superyacht industry in Australia and to promote this Australian superyacht industry throughout the world which through the dedicated efforts of Superyacht Australia Limited will result in consistent and significant benefits to its members, associated industries and ultimately all Australians.
Superyacht Australia is dedicated to the promotion of Australia as a preferred destination for superyachts from throughout the world. In doing so Superyacht Australia promotes Australian infrastructure, services and facilities and manufacturers of yachts, ensuring consistent growth and development of all facets of the Australian superyacht industry.
Since its inception Superyacht Australia has been confronted with various impediments to the growth of the industry and has addressed these issues with a view to achieving positive outcomes for the industry as a whole. They include:
• Working with the Federal Government to obtain a positive ruling on the Goods & Services Tax and its application to foreign flagged vessels wishing to conduct charter operations in Australia.
• Undertaking a comprehensive research study of the global superyacht industry to establish the viability of Australia becoming a preferred destination.
• Working with State Government and local port authorities on various pilotage issues.
• Working with the Federal Government to attain new rulings on the Goods & Services Tax and its application to foreign flagged vessels wishing to undertake refit, maintenance and service work in Australia.
• Working with Federal and State Governments to establish a standard for international (Masters & Crew) ticketing which is recognised by Australia and other countries.
• A dedicated superyacht Crew Visa to assist crew on foreign flagged vessels to work on vessels conducting charter operations in Australian waters.
• Two new regional Clusters Mackay/Whitsundays and Victoria/Tasmania are currently under development.
Marketing & Promotions
Superyacht Australia has focused its marketing endeavours on the North American and European markets.
• The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show and Monaco Yacht Show are recognised by industry as the two major superyacht shows. Superyacht Australia each year presents a significant Australian stand at both shows.
• Other marketing promotions have included America’s Cup Auckland New Zealand; Nicholson’s Charter Yacht Show Antigua the Caribbean; and presentation at the International Yacht Charter Meeting in Genoa.
• Superyacht Australia successfully negotiated the scheduling pf the Dockwise Yacht Transporter to visit Australia.
• Superyacht Australia produces an Australian Superyacht Directory on an annual basis which is distributed with a package of regional Cluster Directories at international boat shows.
• Superyacht Australia website www.superyacht-australia.com received over 465,000 hits in the past twelve months.
• Superyacht Australia sponsored the production of The Great Southern Route (GSR), an almanac of ports, services & facilities and information for luxury yachts travelling from the Suez and Panama canals on a journey to Australia. The Great Southern Route is distributed to yachts throughout the world.